Login with facebook

Google Plus

useravatar
RedVideo
Photographer
West Valley City, Utah
12 Posts

Top Google Plus

So far I am really enjoying Google+.  Its a great way to follow photographers work and ideas, without actually having to be their "friend" and its a great way to have discussions with people with varied interests without having to bore one half of your friends with things only the other half cares about.

Plus I really like how well it shows off my portfolio images.

Plus, it seems to be very popular with photographers.

So....what do you think?

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1637 Posts

Top Re: Google Plus

I'm getting used to it. Google+ seems to be the most friendly of the photo sharing sites thus far.

I recieved this the other day though and I think it prudent to pass it on. Apparently Google has built in ordering of "your" prints. Yes I said ORDERING of YOUR PRINTS or DOWNLOADING YOUR IMAGES.

1. Click on Photos at the very top in the black nav bar.
2. Little Gear in the far right very top corner is your settings link for whichever aspect of G+ you are in.
3. Photo Settings > Privacy and Permissions
4. Unclick Order Prints and Download my Photos
5. Save Changes.

I was sent this by someone else and sure enough, these settings do exist and must be turned off.

-Curt

Super calloused Fragile mystic Hexed by halitosis
Mary Poppins, I ain't!

TeamInsider member - PM me if you have any questions or visit us in the chat.

useravatar
RedVideo
Photographer
West Valley City, Utah
12 Posts

You have to be in your photos, or rather, in your Picasa Web album for the little gear to give you the photo settings. That is an important reminder. (I stumbled on it right away, so I forget that other people might not)

A Google+ Account automatically creates a Picasa Web album, whether you want one or not. Picasa then manages any pictures you post to your circles or streams.  I was not using Picasa before, but I am finding that the best way to publish bunches of pictures all at once is to start in Picasa and share them from there, rather than the G+ interface. That way you can re-order them and pic an album cover before you share.

The upside of loading your images this way is that they don't get shared one-at-a-time, flooding your stream. The downside is that there is no "like" or "+1" for pictures in their albums.

This is not the same as the downloaded Picasa software, so you don't need to install anything.

useravatar
RedVideo
Photographer
West Valley City, Utah
12 Posts

Oh, and Curtis, it took me a minute to find your profile among the other Curtis Woods out there, but then I recognized that lovely redhead in your profile pic

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1637 Posts

-thank you David.

-I should have mentioned that it is indeed Picasa linked in through Google+ where the settings are modified.

Super calloused Fragile mystic Hexed by halitosis
Mary Poppins, I ain't!

TeamInsider member - PM me if you have any questions or visit us in the chat.